Sunday 20th of August, 9:30am – 11:30am
Do you have a prolific lemon tree? An abundance of zucchinis? Got a little to jam-excited at the last bottling season? Join us for our Community Produce Swap at Stackwood, an event which attracts a cornucopia of goods, people and great community vibes.
This swap is a chance for the community to gather and swap their excess homegrown produce. Items like fruit and vegetables, herbs, eggs, seeds and worm juice are welcome. You may even swap produce for gardening tips, baked goods or recipes!
How does it work?
- Bring along your produce or offering
- Contribute it to the common collection
- Swap for something that takes your eye
Our produce swaps are money free exchanges and operate as an honesty system. To ensure everyone gets an equal swap we'll have a token system in operation.
We have never seen anyone leave empty-handed, so don't be shy about contributing. In our experience, you will always receive back your share of delicious food, conversation and community feels in-kind (and some!)
- We love home produce but anything edible is welcome, organic and spray free is even better.
- If you don't have any home produce you can still get involved. You might like to bring jam, eggs, a cake you have baked, seeds or even worm wee / compost soil that can help people in the garden.
- If you are making any items (including jams and chutneys) please make sure that you label with all ingredients and best before dates
- There is no limit to how much you can bring, but please make sure you can carry it all with you.
- Let's cut down waste together, bring a box or reusable bag with you for your findings.
- Please don't bring anything that needs to be refrigerated.
- Please don't bring anything expired or on it's way out.
- Please bring your children, but ensure they are with a guardian at all times.
- Swaps come in over the morning so you might like to hang around, get a coffee and revisit the table over the course of the swap.
Note: food items swapped for are not checked or controlled by Stackwood for safety, swapping is done so at your own risk.
Date and time:
Sunday 20th of June, 9:30am – 11:30am. You can RSVP by grabbing a (free!) ticket above, walk ins are very welcome however.
Photos by Rae Fallon