Masterclass: photography and social media for makers, artists and designers with Bo Wong and Amy Snoekstra
Join us for this masterclass workshop specifically designed for artists and creative businesses. Gain photography, styling and post-production tips from pro photographer Bo Wong and content planning and instagram wizardry from social media maven Amy Snoekstra.
Bo will take you through a simple daylight ‘studio’ lighting set up that you can replicate at home with simple equipment. This hands-on session will equip you with the skills to master your digital camera or smartphone settings. You will capture beautiful and memorable images during the session that will resonate with your clients or customers.
Amy will lead a dynamic content brainstorming and planning session which will focus on clarifying your own unique voice for social media, and crafting a brand story and direction that will underpin all your Instagram and Facebook efforts.
You will take away:
- A set of beautifully styled and photographed images of your art or wares ready to populate your instagram feed;
- A detailed plan and knowledge to help you achieve similar results at home with simple equipment;
- Post production and image processing tips;
- A workbook clarifying your unique brand voice and visual style;
- A dream client brainstorming worksheet to take home;
- A calendar for a month’s worth of on-point social media content;
- Amy’s top tips for Instagram success!
- Please bring a digital camera if you have one and/or a smartphone;
- If you can, please bring along a selection of your products or artwork to photograph;
- Other equipment, props, backdrops and a nourishing vegetarian lunch will be provided.
Date and time:
Sunday 28th of April, 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 23rd of June, 10:00am - 4:00pm
About our facilitators:
Bo Wong is a professional photographer based between Denmark and Fremantle. She works with artists, arts organisations, makers and architects. She’s spent over a decade refining her technical skills and understanding of the unique needs of artists and creative businesses.
Amy Snoekstra is a Fremantle-based digital and content marketing consultant. She works with small businesses and creative types to help them understand the worlds of social and online media. Amy was a part of the original team that started up Stackwood!
Photos by Rae Fallon. Photo 3 by Jasmyn Woodford.
* Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, but you are more than welcome to send a friend in your place if you cannot attend. You can find more details in our Terms and Conditions.