Why buy when you can swap? Do you have an interesting specimen in your yard? Delving into plant propagation? Curious to see what house plants other people are hiding? Come along to our Plant Swap on Saturday 14th of July, as a part of '10 Nights in the Port' Glasshouses and Green Futures.
- Bring along a cutting, seedling or established plant to swap. Part of this event will be about storytelling and swapping tips. So please bring along any tall tales or knowledge you might have about your specimens.
- Contribute your plant or plant(s) to the pool of greenery.
- Swap for something that takes your eye.
Plant swaps are money free exchanges and operate as an honesty system. This event is all about repriciosity, so please do not take more than you contribute.
Stackwood contributes some greenery at the start of the session and we have never seen anyone leave empty handed so don't be shy about contributing. You will receive back in kind your share of greenery, conversation and community feels (and some!)
- We love indoor plants, but all varieties are welcome including natives and edible species.
- There is no limit to how much you can bring, but please make sure you can carry your plants with you. It's a great idea to bring a box or reusable bag with you for your findings.
- It is important that plants are healthy, bug and disease free, if you aren't sure - please leave them at home.
- Our plant experts will be there to help you identify plants that you may not be sure about. Be sure to pick their brains for their years of plant knowledge.
This is a FREE event and you do not need to register. Join us on Sunday 14th of July any time between 12pm - 2pm. Get down early for the best swaps! We highly suggest you stay for the full afternoon to explore Glasshouses and Green Futures. You can meander the greenhouse installations, chat to our artists and attend our free Cuttings and Cultivation class (registrations essential!)
10% off Stackwood store plants when you attend.