Community Plant Swap
Why buy when you can swap? Join us for an afternoon of trading plants and stories as a part of Glasshouses and Green Futures on Sunday 14th of July.
Maybe you have an interesting specimen in your yard, perhaps you are delving into plant propagation or are just curious to see what house plants other people are hiding. Bring a plant or cutting with a story and swap it for something else to add to your collection.
We want to know where your plant came from, is it from your neighbour, family member or friends yard? Is it a descendant of a very old plant? Do you know the botanical name and information about where it is thriving? Maybe you would just like to come ready for a yarn or with a photo of the Mother plant on your phone.
How does it work?
- Bring along a cutting, seedling or established plant to swap.
- Bring along any tall tales or knowledge you might have about your specimens.
- Contribute your plant or plant(s) to the pool of greenery.
- Swap for something that takes your eye.
Plant swaps are money free exchanges and operate as an honesty system. This event is all about repriciosity, so please do not take more than you contribute.
Stackwood kicks off the swap with some greenery from their collection and we have never seen anyone leave empty-handed, so don't be shy about contributing.
In our experience, you will always receive back your share of greenery, conversation and community feels in-kind (and some!)
- We love indoor plants, but all varieties are welcome including natives and edible species.
- Rare and interesting species are encouraged.
- There is no limit to how much you can bring, but please make sure you can carry your plants with you.
- Let's cut down waste together, it's a great idea to bring a box or reusable bag with you for your findings.
- It is important that plants are healthy, bug and disease free, if you aren't sure - please leave them at home.
- Our plant experts will be there to help you identify plants that you may not be sure about. Be sure to pick their brains for their years of plant knowledge.
- Children very welcome but are to be with a guardian at all times.
- Get down early for the best swaps!
This is a FREE event and you do not need to register, simply join us on Sunday 14th of July any time between 12pm - 2pm.
We highly suggest you stay for the full afternoon to explore Glasshouses and Green Futures. You can meander the greenhouse installations, chat to our plant experts and attend our free Cuttings and Cultivation class (registrations essential). Plus there is 10% off Stackwood store plants when you attend!
Photo by Rae Fallon of Anna from Wilding Studio who runs our regular swap at Stackwood.